Saturday, February 16, 2019

Checking in

It has been awhile - 3 years! - since I accessed this blog. I’ve forgotten how to be an interesting writer to an audience of total strangers. I have been busy making art while I keep my full time job going. I am happy to tell you that I have just 4 1/2 months left before my retirement date June 30, 2019. Waiting for me at that time or a little earlier is a new studio built to my specification in my backyard. It is 20’ x 20’ square (400 sq ft of open space), framed, roofed, insulated and now being wired for lights and switches. It is a slow process since my spouse is doing most of the work and juggling jobs she gets from her self-employment businesses.

This week I spontaneously decided to set up a 100-day art challenge to keep me busy making art and not thinking about how much I want to move my current spare bedroom studio ‘stuff’ into my new space. I am calling the challenge a Stitch in Time and I have 3 pieces of art made - 1 a day. I can see that the challenge is definitely going to push me out of my comfort zone and likely inspire me to move back and forth between comfort and discomfort. I’d like to use this blog spot to post each day’s work and say something about some or most of the pieces. So, I hope you come back and comment or start a conversation with me. I’m much better when I interact with my audience.

Here is a teaser.


No comments:

Post a Comment