Monday, February 18, 2019

Challenge Day 6

February 18, 2019 Monday


Process. OMG. I could not feel the hair in my hand, could not see it going through the eye of the needle, could not judge whether the hair was going through the lint ball or, if it was, had I pulled it all through to the other side?


I got this hair-brained idea when I pulled out all of the long hair stuck in my hair brush last night and saw how much had escaped and fallen to the white-ish tile floor. I couldn’t see it on the floor; but it had been accumulating. I’d also saved Sunday’s clothes dryer lint to “do something cool” with it for one of my Challenges. The idea to combine the two “ordinary” objects for today’s challenge came to me around 3am this morning; I decided to wait until after work to create it. Yes, now I am sipping on a much-needed glass of wine.

Challenge Level: 8, it was darn hard enough physically to qualify for this rating

Lessons Learned: Don’t ever try again to thread my long, baby-fine, white hair into a teeny, tiny needle, especially when everything is on a light colored or white surface.
Dryer lint already picks up a lot of the household hair but it tangles it enough so it stays inside the lint sheet/ball with the ends sticking up and out. I didn’t need to stitch anymore in there.
Projects like this one are not worth the effort. The cat will find it and chase it all over the hardwood floors!
A single hair from your head is different on one end than the other end—one end is probably the split and there is a definite advantage to using that end to thread the needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment