Saturday, February 16, 2019

Challenge Day 1

Here is where I started February 13, 2019.


Process: Leaving just 30 minutes before I had to attend a conference call, I popped into my studio space and looked through my paper scrap box and picked a couple pieces of paper that I thought looked good together. I grabbed a spool of waxed cotton thread in a color I felt worked well with the colors on the papers. I moved the papers into different configurations until I found exactly what I liked the most. The clock was ticking and I had to move quickly. Needle. Thread through the eye. Decision to use the dots on the blue paper as the points of stitching through the three layers of paper. 
Up, down, over, tie it together in the front. Done. I had enough time to photograph the piece and post it on Instagram (Eileen.Harwood.Artist) to announce my Challenge to the Insta-World. 

Challenge level: 0   (0 to 10 scale where 10 is MOST challenging) 

Lesson learned: Allow a little more time; but don’t forget the powerful and creative sponteneity that comes from a playful approach. 



No comments:

Post a Comment