Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Challenge Day 8

February 20, 2019 Wednesday



Process: I used 5 Pure Leaf tea bags and stitched them to a bamboo stick so they would dangle from the thread I used to create a row without actually stitching into the tags or bags. I kept it simple in design and color choices. I hung it in my studio window to photograph and found the back lighting pretty intense against the snowy outdoor landscape.

Challenge Level: 3

Lessons Learned: I wanted to use these tea bags saved over several months beginning in 2018. I wanted to honor their shape and clever design - for a tea bag. Hanging them ‘out to dry’ (they were already dried out at my office) on a bamboo stick hanging by tape at my studio window with the snow storm raging in the background (which also shows my new WIP studio) was a great way to keep this project in my focus so I can do something more permanent and BIG ... later. It was a fun and somewhat challenging project.

No comments:

Post a Comment