Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Art Sales in my Studio


While my Holiday Art Sale is December 1, 2019 and today is November 26, 2019, I already have my sales Wall up and ready for the official sales date. I don't like to wait until the last minute to set things up. Frankly, this is the first official Art Sale in my studio which is nearing its 6-month anniversary in December so I was not sure how long it would take me to get things ready for the sale. 

You can see from the photo that I decided to use a Salon-Style approach to hanging about 70 pieces of art on ONE 20' long wall of my studio. I like the informal platform for showing the diverse art avenues I take in making art. Notice the "blank" white wall to the right at the corner. I decided to leave that blank so studio visitors can take "selfie" photos with their purchased art pieces. Or, they can pull a few pieces they like over to the wall to photograph side by side and send off to Instagram or Facebook or whatever social media platform to get instant feedback on the BEST one for that friend to purchase. It is a conceptual work in progress and I think I might call the wall the Photo Shop Wall - PSW - at Eileen's Back Yard Art Studio. I may need to create an official banner for them to stand under. 

With the extra days I have until the Sales Event, I hope to get into our Back Yard Metal Arts Studio and kick out a few sculptures to put into the sale. I picked up some nice scrap metal from the curb in my neighborhood and at a Junk-to-Treasure type store for this purpose. I think there will be some fun things to do with those pieces. Come back next week to see what I cooked up and get a summary of the Sale.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Pull out that old Norman Rockwell painting of the Thanksgiving day turkey and feast your eye on my mother on the right side - a good looking, dark-haired teenager at age 16 sitting across from her father, my grandfather Charlie with the balding head of white hair. Always a tiny surprise when I see this painting posted by total strangers who of course love it, too, but for different holiday reasons. 



No comments:

Post a Comment